Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Centering the Chandelier

I don’t really know if our light fixture counts as a chandelier, but I liked the alliteration.

I waited to do this until our pantry was more complete, because I wanted to make sure the light fixture would be centered over the table, and I wouldn’t know where the table was really going until the pantry had doors and I could make sure there was still plenty of room to move around the table. I also had to make sure the new swing of  the fridge door would clear the table! :)

It was pretty simple, but makes a big difference! No more nearly hitting your head on the light fixture!

DSC_0160

Just a chandelier hook into a ceiling joist and the chain that came with the light fixture, and voila!

Here it was before:

DSC_0218-001

We still have to trim the wiring and put up a small ceiling medallion to cover up some ceiling imperfections, but I’m happy! A small change that makes a big difference in our kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how beautiful your kitchen has become! You need to do a split shot photo of when you bought the house to now! The chandeleir looks great too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...