Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Aerogarden Update #6

It’s been over 2 months since my last update, and I’ve had this garden growing for about 6 months now!

Aerogarden in June 2012

I constantly have more cilantro than I know what to do with! We’ve had lots of chicken tacos and bbq chicken pizzas. (I’ll share the recipes sometime!) The basil still looks little, but it’s because I’ve been aggressively pruning it to create a bushier plant. Am I too aggressive? I don’t know, but it’s healthy! The parsley in back looks good, but I’ve been bad and kind of ignoring it. :)

Here’s the garden after I totally hacked down the cilantro to give to a friend. (This was a few days ago, and the cilantro’s already showing new growth! That thing’s never-ending!)

pruned cilantro in Aerogarden

You can see that the basil really is bigger than it was in March:

Aerogarden in March 2012

Sometimes I wonder if the basil’s just not getting enough light because the cilantro’s so big :) but I’m not worried, because the basil in our Aerogarden at work is huge! And like the cilantro, when you hack it all down, it keeps on growing! :) 

I really love this Aerogarden. It’s been fun and I love having the fresh herbs! And so far this garden has been growing for 6 months…much longer than I expected. I’ll keep updating you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...