Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Aerogarden Update #5

It’s been about a month since my last Aerogarden update.

001

I’ve given in and raised the light because the cilantro is just huge and wants to keep getting huger. You’re supposed to keep the light as low as possible to encourage the slower-growing plants (like my basil), but I feel like I can’t keep up with the pruning of the cilantro, so I just gave in, like I said, and raised the lamp a little.

My basil still looks dinky compared to the cilantro and now the parsley, but really it’s doing fine. I’m just aggressively pruning it, following the instructions of this forum poster, so that I’ll end up with bigger, leafier harvests once the plant is matured. I’m really looking forward to fresh bruschetta and basil with fresh mozzarella.

003

And lastly, I’ll admit that besides being amazed at how big the parsley is, I’ve kind of forgotten about it. I haven’t been pruning it (I really should get on that) and I haven’t interested in the recipes I have that call for it. (I can’t even remember which they are, but I know they’re good ones from America’s Test Kitchen and their books like Cook’s Country and the Family Cookbook.)

005

At some point, I’ll keep you posted with recipes that I make with these herbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...