Monday, June 11, 2012

Blackberries and Wildflowers

The first blackberries of the year are here.

blackberries

It seems pretty early for blackberries, but it’s been so hot this spring, I’m not surprised.

They’re not quite ripe yet, but they’re close.

DSC_0604

I know lots of people think they’re invasive weeds, but I let them grow pretty much wherever because I think they’re delicious!

And I’m attempting to keep a neat, but relatively “natural” looking yard…so it’s okay. ;)

Speaking of which, here are some more of my wildflowers that are blooming.

wildflowers

wildflowers

And here’s a lily, hidden in the greenery, that also got mowed down last year, but has come up this year with a beautiful red bloom! I’m going to have to move it to the front of the garden later, so it can be seen. :)

lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...