Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fireplace Update 1 + more tile choices

This little update isn't totally worthy of a blog post, but again, I came home from work last night to find more work done on the fireplace! Brandon put up the new piece of drywall! (And I didn't have to do a thing!)

It's greenboard because that's what we've had living in our house for 2 years...it's supposed to be for the master bathroom project that's 2 years on hold. :)

To fill this post out a bit more, here are a few more tile choices we've found.

We found this awesome 2x4 stainless steel subway tile at Schilling's, a local lumber yard/design center, and this white and gray 1/2" mosaic tile that we thought we might border with the stainless subway tile.


But I know that mosaic might be a little "trendy" and if I'm doing all this work on the fireplace, I'd like the look to be as long-lasting as possible so I don't have to do it again :)

I did find all-gray mosaic tile online, which I'd use with gray grout:
available here

Or, for the fun, modern yet vintage look, I was also thinking about using some white penny tile like this:

It's available at Overstock.com and HomeDepot.com.  I'm kind of loving it, and I think it's the #1 runner up right now.  I might border it with that fun stainless tile...or maybe keep it simple with a white wood surround. Who knows?

So, any thoughts? :)

I'm not gonna lie: I got the penny tile inspiration from one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...