Monday, July 16, 2012

Unfinished Projects

On our very long to-do list at our house is a new master bathroom. And by new, I mean new. Right now, the future master bathroom is 2/3 of a former-bedroom that is currently serving as a box storage unit. :)

future master bathroom

I normally don’t think about the bathroom, because there’s too much to think about. We want some radiant flooring under tile, which means we have to take up the hardwood that’s there. We have to install all new plumbing, and then decide on sinks, counters, and faucets, all of which are pretty expensive – so I want to get my choices right.

Then I saw this bathroom featured on YoungHouseLove, loved it, and promptly went to the 320 Sycamore blog to ogle it some more.

320 sycamore master bathroom after

When I started showing Brandon these awesome pictures, he looked around our living room and immediately began naming off unfinished projects that I currently have in progress (not to mention all the trim work I need to do in the kitchen!).

If you’ve been following this blog, these might all look familiar to you, but I thought I’d outline them for us anyway. Maybe it will prompt me to actually finish something. :)

The first, and most obvious, is the fireplace, which still looks like this:

unfinished fireplace

I still haven’t primed, painted, or even bought the materials to build the mantel.

And what you don’t usually see is this:

fireplace tools and supplies that are still living in our living room

All the tools and supplies for the fireplace that are still living in our living room. Brandon made sure to point all this out! :)

Next to that mess is one of the chairs I plan to recover:

unfinished chair

But in the meantime is acting as a tool/supply holder and hider. Hmm…I should get on that.

Then, on the other side of the fireplace is the bookcase…that still needs to be built up to ceiling height and get some new, matching sides. :)

bookcase that needs sides and a top

The other bookcase is pretty done and pretty organized, but I did some mudding/caulking touch up on it to smooth out the seams, and still haven’t primed or painted over that! Oops!

need to paint over this mud!

Oh! Here’s one Brandon really wanted me to point out to you! Not only do we not have real, decorative living room curtains yet, but I still haven’t finished the sheers I began putting up. Yep, we’re still missing the middle section.

missing the middle section!

The fabric is in my sewing room. I just need to hem the tops and bottoms. But I just don’t. :) And at this point, I’m not even sure if I can remember my measurements. I thought I’d have it done right away so I didn’t write them down! :)

And lastly, (at least for this post), I’ve been painting our coffee table (which I will outline for you in a separate post) but it’s still not done, and we’re just living around it having tape all over it. :)

coffee table painting in progress

So there. There are all the reason Brandon laughs at me when I start planning our future master bathroom. And he said I had to tell you all about it!

What about you? Are you good at actually doing things start to finish? Or do you get distracted by the new/shiny things halfway through like I do? :)

2 comments:

  1. Halfway-er for me! Especially when I hit a hiccup (like not being smart enough to pull out the outlets when tiling my backsplash, so now all my plugs are set too deep in the wall.) And my craft/junk/hoarding room is FULL of half projects/quilts/repairs. Oh well! "I'll get around to it someday."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Ashley said they got some sort of spacers for their outlets when they did the tile. I was worried about what I'd do for that to! I will have her really explain to us/show us what she got.

      Speaking of sewing/crafting halfway projects...I still have the front half of my "wordy" Christmas pillow on my cutting table!

      Yes, "I'll get around to it someday." :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...