Monday, May 21, 2012

Steak and Bruschetta

I am not a food/recipe blogger. I realize that now.

But I still want to share with you what I cook and how, even if my directions and pictures aren’t going to be as good as real food bloggers. :)

Here’s the delicious steak and bruschetta I made last week. See how I forgot to take a good picture? And I really just remembered to grab my camera when I was nearly done eating?

Steak and bruschetta

If you don’t love red meat, that picture probably looks gross. But to me it looks delicious.

If you haven’t tried the $1.89 bacon wrapped 5 oz. filet steaks from Aldi, go ahead and buy them now. They are fantastic and cheap. And here’s how I cook them:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Put a pan over high heat (I have an electric stove, so I set it to 8 or 9).  Pour some olive oil on one side of the steak, along with some salt and pepper. Plop it in the pan olive oil side down.

DSC_0921

While the one side is cooking, pour some olive oil and salt and pepper onto the uncooked side. Sear each side for 3-5 minutes or until each side’s got a nice dark crust.

Then put the steaks into a baking pan.

DSC_0923

And cook them in the 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. We like ours medium. When they’re not overcooked, they’re so nice and tender and delicious!

I didn’t take pictures, but I cook sliced onions in the pan with the steak drippings over medium heat. Oooh, then I put the onions all over my steak and it’s so delicious!

I also forgot to take pictures of the steaks when they were done and before they were eaten. Oops!

Dinner also included bruschetta.

I roughly followed this recipe from Food.com.

I chopped up 6 medium-small tomatoes, a half an onion, and some fresh basil (from an Aerogarden! Not mine, but one we have at work) ;). I added some minced garlic (the kind from a jar), some balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.

DSC_0922

Then I served it with some big ol’ Turano bread and fresh mozzarella. Yum.  It was super great with the steaks!

DSC_0928

So there you go, dinner: delicious, inexpensive, and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...