Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Aerogarden Project

There are a lot of reasons I love to DIY (DIM? Do it myself?). One is a kind of laziness: I'd rather make it myself than go to the store and get it. One is a kind of cheapness: I'd rather spend money doing something now if it will save me money later. One, of course, is a kind of pride in doing whatever it is.

Anyway, for the various above reasons, I decided to grow my own herbs. Brian decided he wanted fresh cilantro in more things. Since I've had not so great luck with cute little pots of herbs in the window, I decided to try an Aerogarden! So far things are going well, and I think I'll keep you posted on the project here at Frankfully!

Here's the Aerogarden when I first planted it, just after the first of the year. There's basil, cilantro, and Italian parsley. The little domes help the seeds germinate.


Here it is just over 2 weeks later! Nice big cilantro and fat little basil leaves, but the parsley never germinated. No worries, though, because Aerogarden guarantees their seeds to germinate, so they're sending me a new one.


I'm pretty excited to see how these little guys grow, and more importantly, to cook with the crops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...