Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Mantel

I haven’t done too much holiday decorating, but after our stint downtown Chicago, I was totally inspired to start. I even made a Christmas craft!

Here’s my Christmas mantel!

Christmas mantel

I made the “Maligayang Pasko” sign/décor the other night, and tomorrow I’ll show you how I did it!

Maligayang Pasko

“Maligayang Pasko” is how you say “Merry Christmas” in the Philippines!

I’ve got a very multicultural mantel (well, at least two cultures). :) Next to my Maligayang Pasko sign are two Swedish Santas that I embroidered and sewed together a few years ago.

Swedish Santas

They’re from a Husqvarna Viking embroidery disk.

I made a spot for Katie Daisy’sPeace on Earth” print (next to some Barbie ornaments).

Peace on Earth by Katie Daisy

And no mantel would be complete without stockings, in our case a hodge-podge of 99-cent clearance stockings from Old Navy, which I embroidered with our names, and some removable-picture pet stockings that will hopefully last for many pets. :)

stockings

Before all this, I had just begun playing around, styling the mantel with my Spring in the Dunes print.  I was using various empty frames (well, filled with whatever the store had in them) and objects for height and scale.

trying out some mantel styling

But I’m pretty happy to leave that project until after the new year and enjoy this for now.

Christmas mantel

Now onto cleaning and decorating the rest of the house!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...