Thursday, March 15, 2012

Things I Love Thursday: Deals + Art

deals and art

I love art. But as I looked at this deal for 20x200 today on Joss & Main, I realized I’ve never really bought any art for myself. Not art-for-art’s-sake art.

I’ve bought myself vintage movie poster reprints in art-type sizes, like these Audrey Hepburn posters:

2012-03-15 deals art

Images from AllPosters.com and Buy.com

I’ve bought prints and photos from places we’ve been, or that commemorate some cool historical event that is meaningful in some way:

2012-03-15 deals art1

My grandma worked at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1933!
Images from AllPosters.com

I’ve also framed lots of record sleeves and I’ve got an entire collection of cool Chicago and nature photography from my dad (more of which I’ll be sharing at some point).

DSC_0298 Photos by my dad, Howard Anderson

So, so far in my decorating, I’ve liked anything I hang on the walls to have meaning to me personally. So even though I love art, I haven’t ever really bought or hung any art for art’s sake.

Till over a year ago, I saw this print of a photograph by Younga Park, and shared it on my VictoriaVM blog.

proportional_500_2211_largeview

I’ve been loving it, coveting it, and thinking about it ever since. I don’t know why I never took the plunge and just got it.

But when I saw this deal on Joss & Main, I had no excuses. $35 for the $60 print! How could I pass that up!

So I am patiently waiting for my deal code to be delivered into my inbox. I didn’t even want to post this, because there are only 73 of the limited edition printing of 500 left, but I’m risking it. :) I’m so excited to get this print! I don’t even really know where it will go, but I will keep you updated when it finds a home here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...