Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Cold Stone Creamery Birthday

When I saw this lemon soda float picture from MyRecipes.com in my inbox earlier this summer, I thought that it’d be something fun to serve at a small birthday picnic. I figured I could buy a couple of tubs of ice cream ($10 total at Aldi) and some sparkling lemonade and other flavored sodas (maybe $15 at Aldi), set out some cute straws and tall cups and be done.

lemon-float-rs-1060163-x
Looks delicious, doesn’t it?

But we don’t do things that simply in the our household.

I didn’t know how I could keep the ice cream cold while serving it in an adorable way (taking ice cream in and out of an overstuffed freezer just isn’t what I imagined Martha Stewart would do). 

Then my friend Pam mentioned to us that Cold Stone Creamery does catering, Brian looked into it, and that’s how we ended up with this in our back yard!

Cold Stone Creamery catering cart

Inside the refrigerated Cold Stone cart were 50 double scoops of ice cream.

Cold Stone Creamery catering cart

They provided us with 4 toppings, fudge, and caramel, and I found even more fun toppings to serve. Cookies, mini Reese’s, chocolate chips, M&Ms, cashews, sprinkles, star-shaped marshmallows….you name it, we were prepared to put it on ice cream.

Cold Stone Creamery catering cart sundae toppings

sundae and ice cream float buffet

I still wanted to have some ice cream floats (it was my original idea after all!), so I found Goose Island Root Beer, IBC Cream Soda, sparkling lemonade, and some grape and orange soda to serve with big fat straws and tall clear cups. :)

ice cream floats

Goose Island root beer and IBC cream soda

pink lemonade sorbet and sparkling lemonade float

And my friend Pam (who suggested the Cold Stone cart) made this awesome cake that looked like a melting ice cream cone.

melting ice cream birthday cake

My friend Jessica and I had fun decorating the setup with some paper garlands, paper lanterns, and paper fans. We made the blue polka-dot ones out of napkins! (As I was cleaning up the back yard, I purposely left up these vines for decorative purposes. I was inspired by Pinterest, of course!) ;)

ice cream sundae and ice cream float bar

birthday decor
(And at night, these paper lanterns lit up!)

Everyone had a ton of fun picking out their ice cream and toppings :)
Cold Stone Creamery catering cart and sundae bar

It was still just a small picnic, so there was lots and lots of ice cream to go around. (We also served food, I swear!) It was a super fun way to celebrate a birthday.

Happy Cold Stone Creamery Birthday!

Happy 30th Cold Stone Creamery birthday to me! :)

See these pictures bigger at Flickr…so you can zoom in on details and deliciousness! :)
(And feel free to comment comment comment on posts to help me feel awesome!!)

1 comment:

  1. The most fun birthday picnic, ever, for the best daughter, ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...