Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brian! with Peanut Butter Frosting!

Today, Brian turns thirty-FUN!

(That’s thirty-one.)

Brian and Jessica
This is Brian and our friend, Jessica, at our friends’ wedding. This is how I think of Brian. :)

Here are the peanut butter frosted cupcakes I made him today:

Peanut butter frosted cupcakes

Brian looooooves peanut butter. So I thought peanut butter frosting on top of chocolate cupcakes would be a winner.

Here’s what I started with:

Box cake and peanut butter

I just made the box cake into cupcakes, following the directions. I love a spouted bowl to fill (2/3rds fill, that is) all those cupcake cups.

cupcake batter

Then, as they were baking, I made the peanut butter frosting. Here’s the recipe I got from my brother-in-law’s mother.

Peanut Butter Frosting:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp milk
2 cups confectioner’s sugar

Mix peanut butter and butter well. Gradually add sugar. Add milk as needed.

peanut butter frostingThere used to be an “r” on “powdered suga” :) but I wrote it with dry erase marker, and it’s come off. :)

I ended up using about 3/4 of the 16.3 oz jar of Skippy, so over a cup of peanut butter. Maybe a cup and a half? But for the other ingredients I used the proper amounts. And I added the milk after I took the above picture, and it really smoothed it out.

It is so delicious!!! I am not even a peanut butter nut, and I couldn’t stop eating this stuff!

If you’ve been on the internet at all, you’ve seen this tip before, but it’s a good one. I filled a Ziploc baggie with the frosting, cut a corner off, and used that to frost the cupcakes. It took me a bit of trial to really get this thick frosting to look nice, but it’s still faster and neater than frosting them all with a knife. And luckily, Brandon just wants to eat them, not look at them.

frosting in a ziploc

My best cupcakes looked like this:

peanut butter frosted cupcakes

For a part-time baker like me, that’s not bad! :)

But the rest of my cupcakes did look like this:

cupcakes

Hahaha! I thought I should show you the truth. :) I did use a knife to smooth some out…and I did just leave some in their silly states, since they’re just getting eaten.

Anyway, they were delicious!

Happy birthday, Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...