Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Aerogarden Update #12: Biggest Basil Ever

Boy oh boy! After 9 months, my basil is looking amazing!!  I can barely believe that the plant has lasted this long, as well as looking better than ever. This big ol’ basil beauty is the original one I planted in January!

Biggest basil ever!

The leaves are just huge, dark green, and begging to be cooked into something delicious. This is much more like what basil looks like at the store. I’ve been doing something right! I suspect I need to give the bowl a more thorough cleaning more often! (Read about my basil trials and tribulations .)

Here’s what the whole garden is currently looking like:

Aerogarden update #12

The cilantro is tall but droopy…but I’m just gonna hang in there with it as long as it hangs in there with me.

young cilantro and basil

The little basil is growing like a champ.  After trimming off some of the big basil to use, I turned the big plant to allow more light to hit the cilantro and baby basil. Hopefully that will help them out a bit.

And lastly, here are some leaves I cut off before I took the pictures of the whole plant/garden. They’re huge! They and some more big ol’ basil clippings went right into some yummy turkey meatloaf. It was so much more delicious with fresh basil instead of dried!

big ol' basil leaves

Who would have thought that basil would be so exciting?

1 comment:

  1. Your basil is AMAZING! I have never gotten mine to grow that tall, and my 2 this year are super pathetic. Have you seen the pin with the caprese bites? skewer 1 side of the basil, then a cherry tomato, then a chunk of mozzarella, then the other side of the basil (the basil looks like a rowboat now) and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Kind of a lot of work but SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...