Friday, November 15, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan

Thanks to those who have checked in with me or my mom about our family in the Philippines.

My aunt was able to talk to my uncle and some other family members before communications went down, and we've been able to talk to them since, and they're all fine.  They were so lucky to all be just south of the typhoon's path.

Map of Typhoon Haiyan from NYTimes.com
Most of our family is in Bacolod and Iloilo, so besides a lot of extra rain, they were pretty much unscathed. My heart does go out to all the families and people who were affected by this incredible storm.

So thank you again for checking in with us, and if you're looking for ways to help, please donate to the relief fund at the American Red Cross or Doctors Without Borders.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...